Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Review on "Blake is My Homie"

"Blake is my Homie"’s blog page, is a satisfying resource for students who want to find credible information and reviews on William Blake’s poems. Maria Castellanos, Megan Townley, and Ethan Palioca did a really good job on interpreting the poems they chose for there blog. It became easy to understand the poem as I read they’re thoughts and ideas because I compared my thoughts and ideas about the poem to theirs. They gave me a different perspective on the poem and answered questions I had about things I didn’t understand. They take the reader through the poem step by step, describing the poem in a way that students at a high school level can understand. Ethan did a good job of summarizing his poem for me through his first paragraph. I’ve never read the poem, but thanks to Ethan I have a clear view on what occurred in the poem. He also did a good job at using details to describe the significance of poem and the symbolism within it. At the end of "'The Chimney Sweeper' (Innocence by William Blake", Ethan pulled his paragraph together concluding that children represent innocence and innocence is normally lost with experience through life. The fact that the boys still maintained their innocence despite what they went through is where Blake tried to convey the importance of innocence. Maria Castellanos does a really good job at relating her poem, “Love’s Secret” to her personal experience. I was able to relate it to my personal experiences as well. Megan Townley did a really good job of interpreting her poem. I felt like if I didn’t read the poem, reading her paragraph would have been enough for me to understand what Blake was trying to say. Over all, "Blake is my Homie"’s blog page looks very nice and well put together, and is an easy page to navigate for students who want to research Williams Blake’s work. The page is clean and not cluttered with distracting pictures, but straight to the point. In one of Maria’s post, a link is located at the bottom to find the poem, and I did not find myself confused at all. Click here to visit "Blake is my Homie".

No comments:

Post a Comment