Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Faith, I have none." By, Taylor Rice

You see that sunset? Bring it to me. Go forth and gallop nay, whisk, away. Travel as fast, and as far as you are able. I desire that sunset. His rays are soft. Spreading across the loam like a quilt of delight. It humbles me. Yet I am envious. I crave the last glimpse of warmth. Be my soldier and retrieve that for me. You will do such because you owe me. You owe me your life as I owe you mine. A payment that shall never fully be reached. As each day we live a bit longer. Laugh more joyfully. Love more vehement. How can we possibly terminate such a sensational thing? We musn't. We will strive to pursue this life to it's most profuse state of being. Extend you arms and embrace your brothers and sisters. Us, as people, are the most elegant creatures. We are simple, yet complex. No study will ever be able to evaluate the depth of our understanding for each other. In the end, we are all we have. When Mister sunshine vanishes into an abyss who will be there? Him. Her. Them. Us. We should take the time to appreciate each other. Help those in need. Spread bliss. That is the sunset. Take it. Yet not for thy self. Give it to everyone, and anyone you meet. Because when it's gone, it's gone. You'll feel guilty when you remember the sun you once had, then hear the stories of those who never even once had the opportunity to touch it. So, my dear friend, go obtain that sunset for me. I am in desperate need of it. As is the rest of the world. Do my bidding and you will be rewarded. Gratitude will be delivered in the most profound way.

No comments:

Post a Comment